Alba – Liberty Township
Post Office: 1857 – 1864
Location: 41.058723, -83.708044
on US 224 at the intersection of Co Rd 139
Remnants: none known
Description: The proprietors were Samuel Renninger (1816 – 1892) from Cumberland County, Pennsylvania and Elizabeth Renninger (1822 – 1873) with Samuel being the postmaster. They moved to Findlay in 1863 and operated a hotel called the American House. Samuel chose John M. Moorhead (1836 – 1909) to take over the postmaster position, but John signed up with the Ohio Volunteer Infantry and joined the Civil War effort in 1864. The town had a school in the southwest corner of the intersection and a blacksmith shop on the south side of US 224 west of the GPS coordinates owned by the Metzler family. Samuel and Elizabeth had 2 children and were buried with relatives in Maple Grove Cemetery on SR 12 (W Main Cross St) in Findlay. John Moorhead survived the war and was also laid to rest with relatives in Maple Grove Cemetery.

Ashery – Amanda Township
Post Office: 1842 – 1858
Location: 40.985012, -83.527661
on Co Rd 173 along Stahl Ditch between Trail 190 (Township Rd 190) and Co Rd 193
Remnants: Van Horn Cemetery on Trail 190 at the intersection of Co Rd 169 a mile southwest of the GPS coordinates
Description: It was founded by Joseph Twining (1800 – 1859) and Mary (Livezy) Twining (1800 – 1877) who moved to Ohio from Pennsylvania and had a couple of children. Their son Joseph Twining Jr. (1834 – 1863) died from wounds received during battle in the Civil War. Joseph Sr. was the postmaster and a justice of the peace in Amanda Township. The Sandusky, Dayton, & Cincinnati Railroad rolled through the area not far northeast of town, but Ashery didn’t get a train station or an increase in residents from its existence. The tracks have since been removed and the former path can be seen on satellite maps. Joseph, Mary, and Joseph Jr. were buried with relatives in Van Horn Cemetery. There was a church at the cemetery and a blacksmith shop and school were on land owned by the Renshler family between the cemetery and Blanchard River. Almon Cone (1826 – 1903) from Oneida County, New York and Margaret (Long) Cone (1827 – 1892) owned a saw mill on the east side of Trail 190 south of the cemetery and were also buried there with relatives.

Beagle – Jackson Township
Post Office: 1894 – 1904
Location: 40.935636, -83.642473
on Co Rd 26 at the railroad crossing between US 68 and Township Rd 179
Remnants: Eagle Creek Church 1 mile east of the GPS coordinates at the intersection of Co Rd 26 and Township Rd 179
Description: Beagle was a small farming town with a train station on the Toledo & Ohio Central Railroad. George T. Beagle (1849 – 1910) was the station attendant and postmaster. He also owned the Gay Hotel in Arlington. George was married twice, had several children, and was buried with relatives in Frontiers Repose (Houcktown) Cemetery on the east side of Co Rd 8 between Co Rd 26 and Jackson Township 37. Eagle Creek Church was constructed in the late 1860s and served the residents of Beagle. 

Big Lick – Biglick Township
Post Office: 1851 – 1865
Location: 41.034334, -83.460588
on Co Rd 7 between Trail 258 (Township Hwy 258) and Co Rd 264
Remnants: none known
Description: It was founded by Andrew Jackson Moore (1827 – 1897) from Beaver County, Pennsylvania and Nancy (Moore) Moore (1833 – 1915) from Ashland County, Ohio. After digging deeper into the genealogical records, their same last names appear to just be a coincidence. Andrew was the postmaster, a justice of the peace for 3 years, township school director, and held a few other public positions. The town itself didn’t have any notable businesses or buildings. Andrew and Nancy had 6 children and were buried with relatives in Union Cemetery north of the GPS coordinates on US 224 at the intersection of Trail 276 (Township Hwy 276).

Blanchard Bridge – Amanda Township
Post Office: 1840 – 1862
Location: 40.939552, -83.544073
on Co Rd 26 at the intersection of Trail 190 (Township Rd 190) along Blanchard River
Remnants: Siddall Cemetery on the west side of Trail 190 about a mile south of the GPS coordinates
Description: The proprietor Aquilla Gilbert (1803 – 1892) from York County, Pennsylvania was a justice of the peace, school teacher, served 2 terms as county commissioner, and was the postmaster. Aquilla was married 3 times and had 6 children and 4 stepchildren. He was buried with relatives in Van Horn Cemetery on Trail 190 at the intersection of Co Rd 169 north of town. Many residents were also buried in Siddall Cemetery which was established on land owned by the Siddall (Suddall) family. A grist mill owned by the Misamore family, where Trail 166 (Township Hwy 166) crossed Blanchard River north of the GPS coordinates, provided grain for residents of Ashery and Blanchard Bridge.

Cannonsburg (Cannonsburgh) – Union Township
Post Office: 1840 – 1902
Location: 40.914730, -83.784997
on Co Rd 12 at the intersection of Township Rd 34 along Ottawa Creek
Remnants: Cannonsburg Cemetery the north side on Co Rd 24 west of Co Rd 12
Description: It was platted with 36 lots in 1839 by Benjamin Marshall (1791 – 1862), William McConnell (1799 – 1861), Franklin Ballard, and James C. Marshall. In its heyday the town had a general store, 2 grocery stores, 2 blacksmith shops, a hardware store, 2 churches, a hotel, wagon shop, doctor, and about 75 residents. The post office was called Cannonsburgh until 1894. Unfortunately, the town didn’t have a railroad or navigable waterway to attract a larger population and fell off of maps in the early 1900s. 
The known postmasters were Thompson C. Bartle, Horace P. Eaton, John Harmon, J. B. Firestone, Eli P. Leslie, H. Lee, James A. Combs, Jacob D. Buss, and George W. Mull. Many residents were buried in Cannonsburg Cemetery.

Capernaum – Amanda Township
Location: 40.991008, -83.462507
on Trail 175 (Township Rd 175) between SR 568 and SR 330
Remnants: abandoned house and barn in the southeast lot of the GPS coordinates
Description: Abraham Huff arrived in Amanda Township in 1825. He platted Capernaum in 1831 with 16 lots and named after the biblical city. None of the lots ever sold and the town was removed from county recording in 1862. However, the improved farms surrounding the plat remained. As with many former town sites in rural areas, most of the current residences on Trail 175 are in the exact same spots as they were when Capernaum existed and can be pinpointed on the old county maps. The mentioned abandoned house and barn near the GPS coordinates was owned by the Mull (Moll) family. Another outbuilding or two along the road might also date back to the Capernaum days.

Cass – Cass Township
Post Office: 1837 – 1867
Location: 41.149663, -83.568760
on SR 613 at the intersection of Co Rd 18
Remnants: Ark (Vickers) Cemetery 3 1/2 miles east of the GPS coordinates on the west side Township Rd 243 just south of SR 613
Description: It was founded by Daniel Fairchild (1790 – 1849) who was the first postmaster in the township. He also served as a school teacher, justice of the peace, and county commissioner for one term. Daniel was married and had a few children. James Vickers (1794 – 1867) and Sarah Vickers (1796 – 1881) built a saw mill in the late 1830s in the northeast lot of the intersection. They purchased the Fairchild farm and James took over the postmaster position until he passed away. There was also a Methodist Church on the Vickers farm in the northwest corner of the intersection. The original wood frame structure was constructed in 1844. It was replaced with a brick church in 1871. The town’s last school was on the north side of SR 618 east of the GPS coordinates. James, Sarah, and Daniel Fairchild were buried with relatives in Vickers Cemetery along with other early pioneers and residents.

Clements (Clement) (Swank) – Eagle and Jackson Township
Post Office: 1845 – 1866 and 1882 – 1884
Location: 40.957598, -83.650563
on US 68 at the intersection of Trail 40 (Township Hwy 40)
Remnants: Pleasant Grove United Brethren Church at the intersection of Co Rd 40 and Co Rd 75 next to Eagle Creek, Ellis Cemetery on the north side of Trail 40 east of the GPS coordinates, Bishop Cemetery on the west side of Trail 74 about 1 1/2 miles southwest of the GPS coordinates
Description: The original proprietors were Amos Crum (1803 – 1854) and Rebecca (Strouse) Crum Riggle (1810 – 1862) who arrived in the area in 1833 and had a few children. Amos was the first postmaster. Rebecca took on the position after he passed away and later remarried. The office moved back and forth between Eagle and Jackson township a few times over the years. John Swank (1816 – 1886) was the last postmaster of the Clement office and opened another one at his store called Swank. It ran from 1882 – 1884. He also owned a steam-powered saw mill in the northeast corner of the intersection and a blacksmith shop across the road in the southeast lot. Most of the residents attended Pleasant Grove United Brethren Church which first appeared in the 1875 atlas. The last school the town had was on the north side of Trail 40 just east of the GPS coordinates on land owned by Asa Ellis (1819 – 1904) and Maria Ellis (1823 – 1903). Amos, Rebecca, and John Swank were buried with relatives in Bishop Cemetery. Asa and Maria were buried with relatives in Ellis Cemetery.

Cordelia (Cordelta) – Orange Township
Post Office: 1883 – 1895
Location: 40.899428, -83.785711
on Co Rd 12 along Ottawa Creek at the former railroad crossing between SR 103 and Co Rd 24
Remnants: none known
Description: William McKinley (1824 – 1896), William Marshall (1815 – 1895), John Crates (1829 – 1887), and John Julerat platted Cordelia with 33 lots in 1883 on the Cleveland, Delphos, & St. Louis Railroad, later bought by the Northern Ohio Railway. The post office and a general store were in the train station. It was listed as Cordelta on some railroad maps. William McKinley was the postmaster and station attendant. He was also a justice of the peace for 18 years and served in the state legislature from 1874 – 1875. The McKinley and Marshall families were related by multiple marriages. Despite its position on a railroad, Cordelia never grew much. It still pops up on Google Maps at a residential area with no town or village. William McKinley was buried with relatives in Hasson Cemetery a little over 4 miles south of town on the east side of Township Rd 59 south of Riley Creek. William Marshall and John Crates were buried with relatives in Cannonsburg Cemetery on Co Rd 24 just west of Co Rd 12.  

Crow – Marion Township
Post Office: 1838 – 1841
Location: 41.036508, -83.592823
on SR 568 (Carey Rd) at the intersection of Co Rd 236 along Blanchard River
Remnants: none known
Description: The town was founded by Daniel Opp who built a tavern near the GPS coordinates in the mid-1830s. Daniel was the postmaster and the office was discontinued when he passed away.

El Rose – Orange Township
Location: unknown
Description: El Rose had a train station between Cordelia and Langan on the Northern Ohio Railway. The stations at El Rose and Cordelia were still in operation in 1910 and were mentioned in the county history book published that year. It was also mentioned that neither of them received much business at the time.

Elm Grove (Lye Creek) – Marion Township 
Post Office: 1850 – 1867
Location: 41.000130, -83.588163
on SR 37 at the intersection of Trail 234 along Lye Creek
Remnants: Elm Grove Cemetery at the GPS coordinates
Description: Charles Hallowell (1811 – 1875) from Chester County, Pennsylvania was the town’s first postmaster. The name of the office changed to Lye Creek in 1865. Henry Snyder (1837 – 1935) was a farmer, school teacher, and the last postmaster. Elm Grove had a United Brethren Church north of the GPS coordinates in the northeast corner of the intersection of Trail 234 and Co Rd 205. The current church across the road in the northwest corner was built after the town’s existence ended. Charles and Henry were buried with relatives in Elm Grove Cemetery. 

Ewings Corners (Ewing) – Jackson Township
Post Office: 1863 – 1872
Location: 40.957044, -83.574760
on SR 37 at the intersection of Trail 166 (Township Hwy 166)
Remnants: Salem Church and Cemetery just north of the intersection on SR 37
Description: The town was founded by Jesse Ewing (1807 – 1872 and Hannah (Homrighous) Ewing (1812 – 1906). They moved to Hancock County from Fairfield County. Jesse established the post office and held the postmaster position until he passed away. The church served a United Brethren Congregation and appears to have been closed for several decades now. John and Hannah were buried with relatives in the cemetery.

Frankford – Cass Township
Location: 41.148162, -83.578765
Remnants: none known
Description: War of 1812 veteran John Franks Sr. (1786 – 1890) from Fayette County, Pennsylvania platted Frankford with 72 lots in 1833. None of the lots sold and the the idea was quickly forgotten. John escaped a British prison camp with some of his fellow soldiers during the war. He owned 2,600 acres of land and lived to the ripe old age of 104. John was married twice and had 13 children. He was buried with relatives in Bechtel Cemetery 3 miles west of the GPS coordinates at the intersection of SR 613 and Township Rd 239 in Allen Township. 

Freedom – Biglick Township
Location: 41.023153, -83.520447
on Township Rd 251 between Marion Township Rd 207 and Co Rd 7
Remnants: none known
Description: It was platted in 1836 with 48 lots by Uriah E. Drake (1809 – 1863) from Fairfield County. None of the lots sold and Uriah later moved out of Ohio. Despite his age at the time, Uriah enlisted to serve in the Illinois 113th Infantry Regiment during the Civil War along with his son John Richard Drake (b. 1840). The circumstances surrounding the matter are unknown, but Uriah died just 2 days after mustering out for potential battle. He was buried with relatives, including his wife Margaret (Jaqua) Drake (1810 – 1880) in Sanders Cemetery on the north side of W 205 Ave between US 41 (Wicker Ave) and Austin St in Lake County, Indiana. 

Hassan (Hasson) – Orange and Van Buren Township
Post Office: 1858 – 1901
Location: 40.852228, -83.766400
on Township Rd 59 along Riley Creek between Trail 27 (Orange Township Rd 27) and Trail 28 (Township Rd 28)
Remnants: Hasson (Riley Creek) Cemetery at the GPS coordinates
Description: The town was founded by John Hasson (1788 – 1877) from Mifflin County, Pennsylvania and Elizabeth (Roberts) Hasson (1790 – 1879) from Connecticut. They settled in the area in 1836, had 7 children, and a 160-acre farm on the west side of Township Rd 59 across from the cemetery. Jackson Curry (1816 – 1875) and Rachel (Spriggs) Curry (1819 – 1895) owned a farm on the east side of Township Rd 59, which included most of the cemetery land except for a small portion owned by the Hasson family, and had a brick yard at the southeast corner of the cemetery. A steam-powered saw mill operated by the Williams family was in the southwest lot of the intersection of Township Rd 59 and Township Rd 28. James Morrison (1823 – 1900) was the first postmaster and many others succeeded him, including a couple members of the Hassan family. The town also had several local churches and schools on its outskirts. Everyone mentioned in this listing was buried in Hasson Cemetery.

Huber – Marion Township
Post Office: 1881 – 1901
Location: unknown
Description: Huber was on the Big Four Railroad (Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago, & St. Louis) between Findlay and Vanlue. It was named after the Huber family in the township and was listed on the Ohio map in the 1901 George Cram atlas.

Jamestown – Amanda Township
Location: 40.911898, -83.537383
on Trail 191 (Township Rd 191) at the intersection of Co Rd 160 along Potato Run
Remnants: none known
Description: It was platted with 24 lots in 1835 by Henry Sockrider (1816 – 1908) and George James. The town appears to have suffered the same fate as Frankford and Freedom. Henry Sockrider was buried with relatives in Krout Cemetery just west of the GPS coordinates on SR 37 between North St and SR 103 in Jackson Township.  

Lafayette (La Fayette) – Portage Township
Location: 41.131415, -83.695121
on SR 613 between Co Rd 139 and Co Rd 140
Remnants: none known
Description: The 1830s was apparently a tough decade for laying out towns in the county. Lafayette was platted by Jacob Andre Jr. (1817 – 1895) from Luzerne County, Pennsylvania with 72 lots in 1837. It was vacated by order of court in 1839, likely due to failure to pay the land debt. Jacob went on to lead a successful life in and was buried with relatives in West Jefferson Cemetery on SR 15 between Williams County Rd K and US Hwy 20A (SR 107) in Williams County.  

Langan – Orange Township
Location: unknown
Description: Langan had a short-lived train station west of El Rose on the Northern Ohio Railway. 

Lewisville (Louisville) – Blanchard Township
Location: 41.051381, -83.789476
on US 224 at the intersection of SR 235
Remnants: none known
Description: Lewisville was platted with 40 lots in 1851 by William Powell (1813 – 1894) from Fairfield County, David Millham (b. 1795) from England, and Michael Shearer. Just a few of the lots sold. The town had 3 residences, a school on the west side of SR 235 north of the intersection, a blacksmith shop in the southeast lot of the intersection, and a general store owned by John Boylan (1805 – 1883) and Margaret (Cayton) Boylan (1807 – 1892) from Pennsylvania. The plat was vacated in 1880 and the land returned to its previous agricultural uses. The Boylan family later moved to Iowa. William Powell was buried with relatives in Benton Ridge Cemetery 4 miles south of the GPS coordinates at the intersection of SR 12 and Jackson St.  

Marion – Marion Township
Location: unknown
Description: It was on the Lake Erie & Western Railroad between Findlay and Arcadia.

Martinstown (Martins Town) – Eagle, Jackson, and Madison Township
Post Office: 1837 – 1846
Location: 40.906617, -83.650857
on US 68 (N Main St) at the intersection of Co Rd 24 (Fellowship Dr)
Remnants: none known
Description: It was platted in 1836 by Martin Hollabaugh who opened up a general store in the vicinity and passed away the following year. The post office stayed in business for about a decade though and the town barely made it onto the 1863 county map. It faded into oblivion shortly after that.

Marvins Mill – Marion Township
Post Office: 1841 – 1849
Location: 41.036508, -83.592823
on SR 568 (Carey Rd) at the intersection of Co Rd 236 along Blanchard River (same location as Crow)
Remnants: none known
Description: The town was founded by William Marvin (1798 – 1880) and Mabel (Roberts) Marvin (1799 – 1852). They were married in Pennsylvania in 1818, moved to Ohio in 1823, and had a several children. After living in Wayne county for 11 years, the Marvin family moved to Hancock county in 1834. During their first winter in Hancock, they resided with the family of William’s brother Mathias, 17 people in a 20 square feet cabin. The following year, William’s family built their own cabin, a water-powered grist and saw mill on the north side of Blanchard River, and the first school in the township in 1836. There was also a Methodist church in the northeast lot of the GPS coordinates. The Marvin family sold their mill to William Gillespie, who later moved to Kansas, and moved their own operation a half mile east along Blanchard River. They built another grist mill, saw mill, a distillery, and William operated a tavern and inn at his residence. He married Deborah (Gorrell) Marvin (1813 – 1880) after Mabel passed away and had several more children, totaling 16 in all. Between his children, grandchildren, and 2 generations of great-grandchildren, it was stated that William had no less than 350 descendants at the time of his death. He was buried with many relatives in Maple Grove Cemetery on SR 12 (W Main Cross St) in Findlay.  

Moffitt – Blanchard Township
Post Office: 1895 – 1917
Location: 41.022296, -83.846945
on Co Rd 53 between Co Rd 86 and Township Rd 20 along Moffitt Ditch
Remnants: none known
Description: It was named after the Moffitt family who owned a substantial amount of land in the western portion of the township and had a stop on the American Midland Railroad. Demetrius Moffitt (1843 – 1903) and one of his cousins Curtis Moffitt (1849 – 1916) owned the land in the vicinity of the train stop during the time the post office was in operation. However, the town’s existence was more due to their parents, aunts, and uncles earlier initiative. Thomas (1801 – 1885), William (1819 – 1884), and John Moffitt (1819 – 1896) settled in the area along with their widowed mother Sarah Moffitt (1783 – 1865) in the earlier 1800s. Thomas sold his land to William and John and moved to Iowa. Most of the family was buried in Dukes Cemetery a few miles north of town on the south side of US 224 between Township Rd 120 and Township Rd 123. Demetrius was buried with relatives in Benton Ridge Cemetery at the intersection of SR 12 and Jackson St.

North Ridgeville (North Ridge) (Pickens Corners) (Pickensville) – Pleasant Township
Post Office: 1861 – 1869
Location: 41.134285, -83.861298
on Co Rd 203 at the intersection of Co Rd 117 along West Creek (formerly called Beaver Creek)
Remnants: none known
Description: It was platted by Thomas Pickens (1792 – 1848) with 24 lots in 1850. He owned a steam-powered saw mill next to West Creek on the north side of SR 203. Ones of his sons, Benjamin Pickens (1833 – 1911), was the first postmaster and temporarily left town to serve in the Civil War. Lemuel Mow took over the position for the remainder of its existence. The office was called North Ridge because there was already a North Ridgeville post office in Lorain County. Thomas and Benjamin were buried with relatives in McComb Union Cemetery about 6 miles southeast of town on SR 613 (W Main St) on the west side of McComb. Unfortunately, the genealogical records we found on who the wife of Thomas was appear to be incorrect.

Olney – Pleasant Township
Location: 41.131591, -83.821166
on Co Rd 203 between Township Rd 119 and Township Rd 123 where Deweyville presently sits
Remnants: none known
Description: So, it appears we have yet a couple more towns from the 1830s to go though that didn’t make. Olney was platted with 40 lots in 1837 by Isaac Fairchild (1785 – 1878) and Amy (Sprague) Fairchild. They moved to Ohio from New Jersey, had a few children, and one of their daughters married into the Pickens family. None of the lots in Olney sold. Ironically, Deweyville was also platted on the same spot with 40 lots in 1880. Despite the failures of many 1830s towns in the county, they in no way reflects anything about what the founders did with the rest of their lives. After all, platting a town and convincing residents to move there is one of the toughest things anyone could every attempt to do. Isaac and Amy were buried with relatives in McComb Cemetery on SR 613 (W Main St) on the west side of McComb. 

Reed’s Corners – Orange Township
Location: 40.834005, -83.785531
on Co Rd 304 at the intersection of Co Rd 12
Remnants: former one-room schoolhouse on the west side of Co Rd 12 north of the GPS coordinates
Description: The town was founded by James Reed (1810 – 1860) and Susan Reed (1820 – 1857). They arrived from eastern Ohio in 1837 and built the first frame house in the township. James served as justice of the peace for 4 terms. The town had a German Reformed Church on the south side of Co Rd 304 west of the GPS coordinates. Its first school was in the southwest corner of the intersection. The last school, which still stands the test of time, first appeared in the 1875 county atlas on land owned by the Binkley family. Reed’s Corners was mentioned in the 1886 county history book, but its day were numbered and the town didn’t make it into the 1900s. James and Susan were buried with relatives in Pleasant Hill Cemetery on Allen Twp 109 between Co Rd 139 and Co Rd 140 in Portage Township.

Waterloo – Madison Township
Location: 40.884828, -83.651095
on US 68 at the intersection of Waterloo Dr
Remnants: none known
Description: John Diller (d. 1852) and Catherine Diller were both born in Pennsylvania and made the journey to Ohio from New York in 1828. They opened up the first tavern and hotel in the township which comprised of 2 log cabins. It was on the east of the GPS coordinates and was called The Cross Keys. Catherine died about 5 years later and John eventually moved out of the county.

Weidlers – Marion Township
Location: 41.073979, -83.591365
on the railroad tracks between Co Rd 236 and Township Rd 212
Remnants: none known
Description: It had a train station on the Lake Erie & Western Railroad, owned by the New York Central Railroad at the time, and was on land owned by Barbara Weidler. The tracks are reportedly haunted by the ghost of a train conductor, James Welsh, who was beheaded after falling off a moving train in the late 1800s.

West Union – Madison Township, Hancock County and Washington and Blanchard Township, Hardin County
Location: 40.819480, -83.651423
Remnants: none known
Description: The town was platted with 48 lots in 1834 – 1835 by Andrew Sheller. None of the lots were sold or improved. 

Willow Creek – Eagle Township
Location: 40.983136, -83.730922
on Co Rd 313 between Trail 48 and the 4-way intersection of SR 698 and Eagle Twp 10 along Tiderishi Creek
Remnants: Powell Cemetery on SR 689 at the intersection of Trail 48
Description: Willow Creek had a flag stop (trains would stop if signaled) on the Lake Erie & Western Railroad. Jacob Powell (1807 – 1893) from Mifflin County, Pennsylvania and Mary (Hart) Powell had a few children, a large farm, and owned a saw mill next to Tiderishi Creek built by Jacob in 1835. It was originally water-powered, was later converted to steam, and sat next to the train stop. They also donated land for a log school in 1838. It was replaced with a frame structure in the mid-1800s, and a brick school in the northwest corner of the intersection of Trail 48 and Trail 60 that was listed on the 1875 county atlas. The town also had a church on the north side of Trail 48 across from the cemetery. Jacob served 6 terms as a justice of the peace. There are presently 100 Powell ancestors with documented interments in the cemetery, including Jacob and Mary, and it continues to accept new burials. The most recent Powell descendant, Reverend Dick Allen Powell, was laid to rest there in 2016.

Wineland – Cass Township
Post Office: 1883 – 1900
Location: 41.109188, -83.592997
on Co Rd 216 at the intersection of Co Rd 236
Remnants: none known
Description: It was along the New York, Chicago, & St. Louis Railroad and was named after members of the Wineland family who owned land along the tracks. Cyrus Stacy (1853 – 1920) from Mahoning County was the town’s postmaster. He was buried with relatives in Arcadia Cemetery about 4 1/2 miles east of Wineland on SR 12 (Fremont St) in Arcadia in Washington Township.

15
1888 Hancock County Map

Hancock County, Ohio Ghost Towns Research Resources

1863 – Hancock County map

1875 – Hancock County atlas

1890 – Hancock County map

1881 – History of Hancock County

1886 – History of Hancock County, Ohio

1903 – History of Hancock County, Ohio

1903 – A Centennial Biographical History of Hancock County, Ohio

1910 – Twentieth Century History of Findlay and Hancock County